Monday, October 3, 2016

Good intentions

I intended to get a lot of tatting done today. I really did have good intentions, but reality set in and I chose to work on the mundane household chores necessary to keeping the household together. I think I made the right choice! ;-)


Lots of goodies arrived in the mail today. I received this beautiful hand-painted shuttle from a new Etsy shop, PainTatPlus. I was her very first customer, and I received a lovely note along with the shuttle verifying that I was the first to purchase from her. Kind of cool!


While at Palmetto Tat Days, Jane Eborall kept encouraging me to work on my split rings. When I saw Karen Bovard advertise her newest tatting book, I just had to have it. Now I can practice those split rings, Jane. I know. I know. I have several split ring books, so I didn't need this one to get started, but I sure am glad I have it! I also have another of Karen's beautiful enamel shuttles. Maybe this will be the shuttle to get me working on those split rings!


I know I need two shuttles to work on split rings, so I consider myself very lucky that my newest purchases from Shuttle by Design arrived today! I guess I got a little carried away, but I know I will use them!


This little beauty from Tatting Shuttles arrived over the weekend. I was attracted to it because of the red inlay. Red is my mom's favorite color!


I love enameled shuttles, and these little beauties from Middy Clark at The Knotted Vine arrived today. I love these little works of art!


Yes, I am still obsessed with Handi-Wind Shuttles from Grizzly Mountain Arts! I have been a customer of Dave and Jo for years, and I am always impressed with the craftsmanship that goes into each and every piece!


In between laundry loads, I wove some more squares for Mom. I know I have a Zoom Loom somewhere in the house, unless I gave it away. I don't really need it. I have been using my Weavette loom, which works just fine, but there's this little nagging voice at the back of my head saying, "You must find your Zoom Loom!"


So, as you can see, I had lots of reasons for not finishing my Spinning Wheel today. Maybe I'll get it finished tomorrow! ;-)

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Your pretty shuttles could easily fill a shuttle coach and then some :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I really need to stop buying shuttles. Honestly, how can I ever use them all? But when I see pictures of them, my heart goes all a-flutter! Luckily, Dave doesn't mind my obsession!

      Delete
  2. The more you use split rings the more you'll like them. Sorry for nagging you! Lovely shuttles. When is Dave going to move out to make room for them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take "nagging" from you any day, Jane! Dave is an enabler... he keeps building/buying storage solutions for my collection!

      Delete
    2. I LOVE split rings - they are so much fun! Once you get used to them, you'll think "why did I think they were hard?"

      Does Dave enable paying for the shuttles too? ;-)

      Delete
  3. Sie haben soo schöne Schiffchen, damit macht das Knüpfen bestimmt große Freude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First customer, and a letter to prove it, wow. Good luck with the split rings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, I never have managed to grasp the 'dead spider' position, so my split rings are probably not the speediest, but there's more than one way to skin a cat (or make a split ring).

      Delete
    2. To be honest, I requested the note when I found out I was her first customer... a little bold, I know! There are days when my hand/wrist will cooperate and let me use the "dead spider" position, and other days I can't use it for anything. Luckily, my friend Carol showed me a way to hold the thread that I can manage. I just have to stop and think about how to hold the thread before attempting the technique. Sometimes my brain doesn't keep up with my ambition!

      Delete
  5. I have no idea where to start to comment, I am really envious of those beautiful shuttles, how nice of her to thank you for being her first customer, they are gorgeous shuttles.
    Split rings I personally don't mind them, split chains are my worry but I am getting better.
    Loveky woven squares I hope you can show us what the look like when your mum is finished with them.
    Look forward to seeing your latest spinning wheel

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear you truly are the best Tatting Ambassador and I believe you just might have the largest privately owned collection of shuttles. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness those are awesome shuttles!!!! :) I am guessing you will have to make a display room just for all your shuttles soon!!! :)
    Great squares!!! :)
    Loving that glass mat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!