Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer fun

One of the joys of summer is spending time outside. Another joy is spending time with friends and family with little or no notice. Today was one of those days!

Daughter Carol and I went and looked at cars, enjoyed lunch at one of our favorite little restaurants, and then went looking for bathroom fixtures and towels. We didn't buy much, but we had fun looking!


Before heading out, I finished a pink Ice Drop. Sophia would be pleased with this one!


I also worked on Sophia's band. Sophia actually wove the first six inches of this band all by herself... not bad for a four-year-old! We didn't finish it while she was here, but I did promise to mail it to her when it's done.


I was inspired to lay all of my bands out on the ironing board and take a picture. It looks like they need a good pressing. Each band is laid out to show both the front and back side. I'm amazed at how much my technique has improved in a fairly short time.


One final Ice Drop of the day... I do like the contrast between the pastel glass gem and ribbon and the bold colors of Rainbow Splash. I wonder if Sophia will approve of this one? 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Ice Drops and bands!!! :)
    I love the colors in Sophia's band!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of weaving! Sophia will be happy to get her band.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!