Friday, June 23, 2017

Takin' it easy

Yesterday was a pretty full day, so I decided to take it easy today. By that I mean that I did a lot of reading!


After a morning of reading and doing laundry, I decided it was time to tat an Ice Drop. I can't believe I'm still on the same ball of Rainbow Splash!


Part of my morning reading was to try and understand Inkle weaving patterns. I do have an Inkle loom, but I am determined to figure out how to make Inkle patterns work on a rigid heddle loom. I warped my Hard Maple card loom following the pattern, or so I thought. It didn't take me long to figure out that the pattern just wasn't going to work, so I took out what I had done and started weaving my own adaptation. It's not quite what I envisioned, but I figure this is all a learning process!


It was fun opening my mail today!


When Veronica posted these beauties in her Etsy shop, I just couldn't resist!


I love the artistry!
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You started that ball of Rainbow Splash over a month ago. That is quite a few Ice Drops!! :)
    Your weaving is intriguing!!! :)
    Great shuttles, and the art work on them is wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid shuttles! Yes, we have to expect that things won't always turn out exactly how we visualise them, even when we're experienced.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!