Monday, September 5, 2011

Corinne's game


Corinne posted a challenge or game the other day. Tat this motif in colors of your choice and post the picture. Last night, I decided to play the game while Dave and I watched a movie. I used size 20 Lizbeth, colors #628 and #684. It was a very easy piece to tat, and I really like the color combination I chose. Thanks for the bit of fun, Corinne!

For me, one of the joys of tatting is using beautiful shuttles. My all-time favorites are my wood post shuttles, but I do enjoy working with these little beauties from La Cossette. She has a mocha paisley shuttle in her shop that I adore, but I've gone a little crazy with my spending this summer, and it's time to stop spending and start using what I have! Sometimes being a tatting shuttle addict can be so burdensome. ; )

8 comments:

  1. very nice thank to play diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the time I see people mention they have favorite shuttles, but hardly ever do we see pictures... I want to see pictures of your shuttles - every time you mention them, I go looking for a picture because I"m sure they're awesome. I want to see *everybody's* shuttles!! :) I'm still on the hunt for the perfect one... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Diane. The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same little birdie shuttle and a pansy one too. I really enjoy tatting with them. I am going to go play the game too and I love your choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you. I have a very particular relationship with each of my shuttles and have spent way to much on them.

    Love your colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is my humble belief that tatters should (by divine right or right of passage) surround themselves with beautiful tools.

    No limits, except what the tatter deems appropriate. It is a reward for mastering the flip and creating beautiful lace.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!