Monday, September 12, 2011

To blog, or not to blog...

That is the question! If I take time to blog, I have less time to tat. If I don't take time to blog, I lose touch with all my blog buddies. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I'll soon be ready for retirement. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my job! However, there are days when I just want to stay home and tat, knit, crochet, sew, quilt, read... my list goes on and on!

Since I haven't been blogging much, I have accomplished a lot! Just look...


I finished a Lily-sized shrug (girls 7/8)...


and I started an Eva-sized shrug (girls 9/10).


I made a little progress with Corinne's doily, which I really like...


and I finished a little over half of the next round on my blue doily. Some day I'll figure out why some of my pictures rotated, and I'll find out how to fix the problem! : )

I also received some wonderful surprises in the mail!


JennyPennyPoppy sent me a blue Kanzashi flower. I love it, and some day I will make one... or two... or three... Thank you, Jeanette!


I received a lovely thank you note from Jane along with this beautiful cross. Believe it or not, I was just thinking of purchasing a frame at Hobby Lobby specifically for framing a cross! I think the frame I had my eye on will be perfect for this beautiful piece. Thank you so much, Jane!


Oops! Here's another picture that won't rotate... grrr! Kelly sent me a beautifully tatted piece in my favorite color... blue! She also sent me a piece of fabric so that I can decorate a shuttle. I was totally surprised! Thank you, Kelly!

I guess I really have accomplished a lot in the past week... so, again... to blog, or not to blog? What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. You have accomplished tatting AND blogging admirably this week! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely to Blog, and Definitely to Tat!

    I know how you feel though - I've considered early retirement myself just for those same reasons (LOL)


    BTW, did your students like the bookmark I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you must blog! We would miss you too much otherwise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that your fabric and tatting got to you!!! You are very welcome!! Can`t wait to see you own shuttle podged up with the fabric!!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it is hard to blog, isn't it? It takes so much time away from the actual hobbies, but it's so fun to keep in touch with others that enjoy the same things. I choose to blog for myself - and the perk is meeting and keeping in touch with my blogging friends. Do whatever works for you :) But when you retire, we will expect you to blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel. I wish I had more time to tat and blog. LOL!!

    I love the colors on the shrugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you're getting stuff done when not blogging. Lately I don't feel like doing anything.

    I think your rotated photos are actually caused by your camera. I have the same problem. If you take a picture and have the camera rotated in order to capture the shot, then the camera seems to add that info into the picture. I'm not 100% if this is true, but it certainly seems like it. I never had this problem with my old digital camera(s).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane - I too have that problem.. if I don't, I have lots of time to work on my craft and reading.

    But then I will miss my blog buddies, updates on what others are doing, my readers will be searching for me (read my first post of this year in my blog that I moved to Wordpress).
    www.concerningzarina.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blue doily is absolutely gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would miss your blogging and your tatting. You are the hope in my learning to tat. I did buy the book and DVD you suggested and I have wound the shuttle with some thread. I have even made a ring with a picot so there is hope. Diane I would surely miss you and your blog and your tatting. I hope you can find some balance to do it all...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Friends it a real news for your virtual real dream that Get a positive, helpful partner for buying or selling a home:From the sheilamorrison.com
    Calgary real estate listings

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!