Monday, September 12, 2011

Out of sync

Apparently I shouldn't try to blog, fix rotated pictures, talk to my daughter, and cook dinner at the same time! I was just re-reading my earlier blog post, and I realized that three of my pictures were missing. I must have neglected to click on something...

A few weeks back, I won a drawing from Clyde the Mad Tatter. Clyde and I share a love of HDT (hand-dyed thread). I have long admired his tatting, and I was thrilled to win this beautiful doily!


I've been showing it off to my friends, Clyde. They're all impressed with your beautiful tatting! Thank you so much! This is a doily I will cherish forever!


Lelia and I met at the Downers Grove Lace Day. She is so sweet, and she takes on so much to promote all sorts of fiber arts! She even took the time to tat this beautiful little heart for me. Thank you, Lelia! Your friendship and thoughtfulness mean so much to me. I hope to see you in Peotone on Sunday!


Another tatter I greatly admire is Frivole. Have you watched her videos? Her movements are so smooth and fast, and everything she tats is beautiful! Recently Frivole posted pics of some adorable pin cushions she made. I was so surprised when I opened the mail last week and found this little beauty, along with a bit of Frivole's beautiful tatting and a lovely bee charm. Thank you, Frivole! Your thoughtful gift made my day!

Now I ask you... am I the luckiest girl around, or what? I think I'll take some time to tat tonight. : )

8 comments:

  1. Tatters are awesome... I mean, what other community can you be a part of where you're almost guaranteed at least one act of totally honest kindness every day?? Since I joined the online tatting community, I've "met" some of the nicest people! And just look at all your goodies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. surely you are the luckiest girl in tatland with all these wonderful gifts! they are all very pretty and great keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed a lucky lass! All those lovely goodies! Yes, tatters rock the awesome like no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precioso el tapete y los hilos son una maravilla, es muy bonito el regalo.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crocheted shrugs are beautiful. All of your gifts are true treasures from treasured friends. This clearly is the most giving blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the luckest tatter at the moment,
    Gorgeous gifts, I hope you enjoy them
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky Librarian you are!!


    You are loved by many!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky Librarian you are!!


    You are loved by many!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!