Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yes-U-Can Doily Challenge


A few years ago, Kersti found a tin with a picture of a tatted doily on the lid. The center of the lid says, "Yes-U-Can." She created a challenge on eTatters to tat the doily. The challenge has been resurrected, and I decided to join in the fun!

I've chosen size 40 Lizbeth, color #663. Will I stay the course? Can I figure out how to tat the doily? Will I become distracted and put it aside? Time will tell!

Care to join the fun? Go on over to InTatters, and you can find a picture of the tin to print out. Just think... I have another excuse to avoid housework! ; )

Update: For those of you who would like the link, here it is: http://www.intatters.com/showthread.php?6205-The-YES-U-CAN-Doily-Challenge&p=62053#post62053

Please note, there is no pattern, just a picture!

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Where did you find the photo on intatters? I've been following the thread and tried the link to the way back machine for the picture. But, it didn't work.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a gorgeous doily. I'll be watching to see it come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!! This sounds like fun but, I just started a doily and really hope I can finish it....However I am really tempted to join in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-oh... Just what I need.... I'm on my way over to check it out...
    Fox : 0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm certainly with you on that! Any excuse to avoid the housework! But it's a brave challenge. I really look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to locate that pattern... and try myself... if anyone has the link address, please I would like it!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also love to give it a try!
    john

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like fun! I wonder if I have the attention span to finish something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to your blog on a post I just put up. I took some up close pictures of parts of the pattern with my usb microscope to make counting stitches easier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great challenge - have fun doing it. I wish I was experienced enough, but I only work with patterns at the moment.

    I look forward to seeing the progress

    Liz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great challenge - have fun doing it. I wish I was experienced enough, but I only work with patterns at the moment.

    I look forward to seeing the progress

    Liz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good post....thanks for sharing..

    http://mobiquant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!