Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quilted!

My friend Carol finished quilting my quilt! I'm so excited! I was told it would take two to three weeks, and Carol finished it in eight days. Now, that's what I call service!


I picked it up last week, and I've had a tough time deciding which fabric to use for the binding... the blue paisley backing, the subtle yellow, or the pink and green swirled design.


So, every night I have unfolded and fondled my beautiful quilt trying to decide which fabric to use. Finally, I asked Dave for his opinion, and he chose...


my favorite fabric in the quilt! I made my binding last night. Now I have to make some space in my sewing room so that I can attach it. I've made many things over the years, but this is the first quilt I've made for me! I can hardly wait to see it finished. I promise I'll share pictures!

6 comments:

  1. I've always been fascinated with those long-arm quilting machines. I've only seen them on TV and it's apparent they take a lot of skill, but it also looks like fun!

    I'm so glad you have your very own quilt and I look forward to seeing it with the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful look your tatting of
    my blog thank to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pastel quilt. That blue and white fabric sashing(?) is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is breathtaking and how special you made it for you.
    I hope Miss Saucy Chick chicken is well behaved for the chicken unit at school. She has so much personality to share with the children. Happy binding...

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!