Monday, September 26, 2011

Done and done!

I finished binding my quilt Thursday morning before school... 7:05 to be exact... and I left the house at 7:10!


On Saturday I made matching pillowcases. It took me all day to make four pillowcases... too much time on the phone with friends and family, plus laundry. Somehow, the house cleaning never got done. : )

On Sunday afternoon I washed all the sheets and re-made the bed with my beautiful new quilt. Luckily, it was nice and cool last night!


Then tonight, best of all, I finished my blue doily! I am thrilled with it! This is Project #1 from Tatted Fashion by Teiko Fujito. The finished size is 12" in size 50 Altin Basak, color #363. It's 12" in diameter. I think this is the largest piece I've ever tatted! I don't think I ever would have attempted this piece without inspiration from Barbara Payne. Thank you, Barbara!


Now, I think I'll take a little time to catch up on all the blog posts I've been missing!

16 comments:

  1. They both are so Beautiful! Congratulations on finishing two big projects.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great commitment and work! a whole quilt...i don't think i could ever do that. and 12 inches of size 50...no i don't think so, so BRAVA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful but that doily is OUT OF THIS WORLD gorgeous!!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've got a wonderful assortment of accomplishments there! What a wonderful few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new quilt! and the tatting is stunning ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bed looks so inviting with your beautiful quilt placed on it. The pillows are the finishing touch too. As for your ginormous doily it is stunning and elegantly beautiful. You have created two heirlooms that will be cherished for decades to come. I know a personalized label can be put on a quilt but how does one label a tatted doily for posterity? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous doily, congratulations on finishing it. The quilt is lovely too, and must feel great to have two big projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Diane!

    Super congratulations!!! Both big projects are great. The bed looks so inviting with the pillowcases too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. both are gorgeous - but I LOVE the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see I totally missed this post! You're too fast for me!

    The quilt looks wonderful, with coordinated pillowcases! I'm curious about the binding, however!! I kept thinking of you, working diligently on the binding on the dining room table! Is the binding a contrasting color?
    That was a dramatic finish at 7 am - on your way to work! (At 7 am I'm still sound asleep!!)

    Then there's the magnificent doily! I LOVE the very clever and beautiful design, but it sure is a LOT of tatting! Are you planning on framing it?

    I'm SO impressed that you seem to finish all of the projects that you start, and in record time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your doily is so absolutely gorgeous!!! :)
    And I love the blue in your quilt!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are beautiful!! Where do you find all of that time, and do you have any you can spare?

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!