Saturday, November 16, 2019

November Tollway Tatters

We had a beautiful day for our Tollway Tatters meeting! A couple driving through Illinois from Wisconsin stopped to see what we were doing, and they walked away with an Ice Drop. It pays to stop and ask what we're all about!

We had such a good day, we decided to set our next meeting date: Saturday, January 11, 2020. We agree that if there is snow in the forecast or if it's bitterly cold, we will not meet. We all travel too far to take any chances with the weather. Last year, the beginning of January was extremely mild. Of course since we decided to try and meet, the weather changed and we had to cancel. We'll see what happens this year!


Mary brought Catherine with her today. Catherine is multi-talented; she spins, weaves, knits, crochets, and tats! I may have missed something, but I think that pretty much covers her list of skills!


Mary is working on a beautiful needle tatted edging. She also brought along some books for us to look at.


Catherine was working on some motifs in a beautiful grey crochet cotton.


Sue Anna and Glenda were super cheerful as usual! Sue Anna was working on Joelle Paulson's Astrila. I thought I got a picture of it, but apparently I didn't.


Glenda worked on and off as her arm allowed her. We were so glad she was able to join us. She had to miss our last meeting, because she had broken her arm right before our meeting.


Carrie was tatting tiny angels for a friend of hers. I think she managed to tat them all today!


Denise wasn't able to join us today. Luckily, Kathy was able to go along. The drive is much more fun with a friend or two along!


Kathy brought along some of her hand-made soap to share with us. I can't wait to try it out!

I worked on a Frivolity Ice Drop, but I ran out of thread. To top it off, I left my ball of thread at home! I did have a shuttle wound for a Curds & Whey bookmark, but I made a major mistake at the beginning of the second pattern repeat. So, I snipped off my tatting and gave up for the day.

When I got home, Dave and I headed off to Menards to buy some Christmas lights. Now, it's time to relax!

3 comments:

  1. Wow love seeing tatting friends, and that soap, lucky you. Looks so much fun. I reckon you made a mistake because you were too busy talking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another awesome day!!! :) Missed you all again!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!