Tuesday, November 12, 2019

One more day

I've been home sick with what turned out to be a sinus and ear infection for well over a week now. I finally managed to get to the doctor over the weekend, and I'm on four different medications. I do feel better, but Dave asked me to stay home and rest for one more day, so that's what I'm going to do.


As you can imagine, I wasn't really in the mood to do much of anything. Still, I managed to finish a Curds & Whey bookmark with what I had left of Marilee Rockley's Beach Cafe. I would have preferred one more pattern repeat and a tassel out of the same thread, but this one's for me and I'm happy to have it!


Ice Drops still cheer me up! I love that I can tat one so quickly and have something pretty to hang on my tree.


On Thursday I received my newest roly poly bag from Jane Eborall. I love these little bags! They're perfect for carry-along projects. Yes I could, and probably should, make something similar and start using up my fabric stash, but this one suited me perfectly and I was thrilled to be able to purchase it!


Yesterday I was feeling quite a bit better, and I decided a red ribbon would finish off this Ice Drop perfectly. Red is my mom's favorite color, and I think of her whenever I work with it. If you want it, Mom, this one's for you!

12 comments:

  1. Good to see you back again. Take care - rest is definitely half the battle won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you have been unwell, knocks you back a bit doesn't it, but stops you doing things!! Definately tat things that cheer you and your mom up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when I'm truly ill. I look at something and have absolutely no desire to pick it up and work on it. I'm glad that feeling is passing!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you I hope you will soon be better, beautiful bookmark and ice drop,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you’re feeling better, Diane and that the Roly Poly bag turned up too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! It turned up on a day when I really needed a bit of cheer!

      Delete
  5. Your tatting is always fun to see Sick or not you manage to keep it together and that's great with medication too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you’re feeling better! I think I know why that blue bag is perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were several days where I did absolutely nothing, but I'm happy to be back to working on odds and ends!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous projects!!! :)
    Nice bag! :)
    So glad to hear you are starting to feel better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!