Monday, November 25, 2019

Ready for blocking


Jennifer and I each finished knitting our Greyson Waves Lace Scarf by Marly Bird! I finished knitting by half time of the Bears game yesterday, and it took me the rest of the afternoon to weave all the ends in. All I have to do now is block it.

Since I concentrated on knitting and cleaning for the weekend, I haven't had much to show. Daughter Alison drove down to spend the night on Friday. Saturday morning, she and my friend Lilly helped me go through craft stuff in one of the bedrooms and the sun room. We accomplished a lot! Alison found some things she had been looking for, and Lilly went home with yarn and fabric that I no longer wanted. One bedroom is ready for a good cleaning and Christmas company. Dave helped me finish cleaning the sun room yesterday, and we came up with some Christmas decorating ideas. So, the sun room is not quite as neat as it was when Alison left on Saturday, but it is thoroughly clean and ready for some Christmas cheer. We are definitely ready to do some serious decorating starting the day after Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scarf, Diane. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! They're our school colors, so I have the option of wearing it to work or giving it to someone who loves it!

      Delete
  2. I’ve been tidying crafting supplies too. Lovely scarf! Has your knitting pal finished hers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! Yes, Jennifer finished hers. She still needs to hide her ends and block. I thought I'd get to blocking this morning, but it didn't happen. I may wait until my daughter visits for Thanksgiving and give her the task!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!