Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Sick day

I stayed home with a really nasty cold yesterday and today. It's been a long time since I've been this stuffed up and practically voiceless. I'm getting tired of drinking hot liquids, but I'm about to brew some more tea before heading off to bed.


Since I stayed home, I had plenty of time to tat. I finished this Curds & Whey bookmark that I had started last week. The pattern is from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. I've given most of my bookmarks away, so I'm repeating colors with the hope of having enough for Christmas in the Village.


Today I worked on Motif #3 from DMC Festive Tatting. This is the first round, and I think it looks great just like this. This round is actually six motifs joined together, so there's a lot of cutting, tying, and hiding ends. I'm sure someone with more brain power than I currently have could figure out how to tat this more efficiently.


The pattern called for a second round. I finished it, but I prefer the motif without the second round. Which one is your preference?

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are sick and praying for a quick recovery!! :)
    Love your bookmark and motif(both ways)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you’re soon feeling better. I definitely prefer the motif without the second round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, Diane. Here's hoping that today will be better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sick is no fun! I hope it’s done soon! I like the motif better with one the first round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you wake up better!!!
    Single round is so very pretty and unique. With 2nd round the motif looks a bit like an incomplete doily...just saying ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your cold is better. Take care and keep those hot liquids going. I prefer changing colors in the second round of Motif #3. I've also added beads to the picots facing center of the motif (not the individual 6 motifs). If you're not adding colors or beads, just the first Round looks best to my eye. Get well quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better but nice to see time spent well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel better soon. I've had the same thing for the past week. I do like the motif without round #2.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!