Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Bungled

 

I'm not sure where I went wrong, but I know this cross looks terrible. Mom says I should keep it, because someone who doesn't tat will love it. It looks a mess to me. I've tatted "Monica" from Tatted Bookmarks ~ cross-shaped by Lene Bjorn before, and it was beautiful. Maybe my mistake was in tatting it in size 80. Whatever the reason, I need to tat another and make it look right!


I do enjoy tatting "Curds & Whey" from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. I chose to weave a ribbon through this one instead of making a tassel. It does make a pretty bookmark in size 40 Lizbeth!

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Diane! Both pieces are lovely! Just give that cross a shot of steam and block. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I tried the steam, and it did very little. I think I may have the wrong number of double stitches, or I may not have snugged up the chain. I think I'll just tat it again!

      Delete
  2. I think the cross is pretty!!! :)
    And your bookmark is fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you block it into shape? It doesn’t look terrible at all! I like the ribbon through curds and whey, good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blocking didn't help. I was chatting with a friend, and I told her something was wrong. I just couldn't figure out what. I think I'll just try tatting it again!

      Delete
  4. It probably doesn't look 'right' because it isn't blue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane
    I don’t think there is anything wrong with your cross. I think one of the middle chains has been flipped and if you can straighten it out and give it a little steam, all will be good. It’s the bottom left chain of the middle four ring clover. Fingers crossed!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Applique! When it won't submit to blocking, sew it down! It would be very lovely on a Bible or prayer book cover.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!