Saturday, November 28, 2020

Sentimental journey

When Jon asked if I could make t-shirt quilts for his sons Alex and Nick, I was ready for the challenge!

Jon told me there was no rush, but I found that this was a project I couldn't stop working on. Little did I know that I'd be able to finish both blankets in a week!

I had to cut some buttons off of some of the shirts in order to be able to sew the blocks together. Jon is a very sentimental guy, so I decided to tat some Christmas ornaments for him using the buttons. I'm not using patterns, just seeing what I can do on the fly. I'm pretty impressed with the way they're turning out!





12 comments:

  1. Aha, I see what a t shirt quilt is. Fabulous idea, well executed! Love the buttons too, splendid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched several YouTube videos and proceeded with caution! It was much easier than I expected it to be!

      Delete
  2. Interesting idea with the t-shirt quilts, those would definitely appeal to boys! The ornaments are really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Jon promised to take pictures of the boys opening them. We won't see them this year because of the virus. I imagine they will be a big hit! (Baseball pun intended!)

      Delete
  3. Nice quilts and using the buttons for ornaments is a fabulous idea! Talented winging 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how one idea leads to another? I have four more buttons to decorate!

      Delete
  4. Nice Quilts, lovely way of using up the buttons from them, Love the ice drops, you did a great job winging them, now we all want the patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret! I'm not sure patterns will be coming on these. I didn't write anything down as I was working, and I'll be delivering them this week. I'm pretty sure I won't have time to try and write them out until after Christmas.

      Delete
  5. Great quilts!!! :)
    Awesome tatted button ornaments!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those are great quilts from t-shirts! I never knew until your post that t-shirt quilts were even a thing. Yours are fabulous and deserving of high praise. I bet the guys will love them and the button ornaments, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon has promised to send pictures! I'm sure the boys will love their blankets!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!