Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Takin' it easy

I overdid it yesterday, so today I needed to take it easy. Mom and I spent the morning working on our Orenburg warm shawls. Mom is almost finished with her third border, and I'm almost finished with my first. Sorry, I have no pictures to share. I didn't think to take them when we had some daylight.

I spent the afternoon tatting. This is Mary's Bookmark from Tatted Bookmarks by Robin Perfetti. I've tatted this one before in multi-colored thread, which I think is wonderful for this pattern. However, red was by my side, and I was too lazy to walk into the next room to choose a different thread!


This one is Mary Konior's Curds & Whey from Tatting with Visual Patterns. It's hard to believe that this pattern used to be a real challenge for me! 

4 comments:

  1. Shows how far you’ve come in tatting! I like the red. I hope you’ll be able to go at a slow pace today, no good overdoing things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red is Mom's favorite color. It's fun to tat in a color I know someone else will love!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! :) Does this mean your mom has 2 new bookmarks?? If I remember correctly, red is her favorite color!! ;)
    Don't over do things unless it's tatting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, red is Mom's favorite color! She asked if she could give Mary's Bookmark to her friend Marie. Of course I said yes!

      I even have to watch myself with tatting. I'm finding that if I spend too much time with it, my left arm tightens up. This growing older stuff is for the birds!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!