Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year!

Happy new year to all my friends and relatives! May 2022 bring you peace, health, and happiness.

Did you stay up until midnight? In typical fashion, I went to bed at about 8:45. Dave fell asleep in his chair soon after and wound up coming to bed around 11. We are definitely NOT party animals!

Guess what? The new year came even though we did not stay up to greet it.

We spent a restful day at home. We did prepare carrots and ham for freezing. Somehow that always takes more time than I think it will.

I've decided that I'm going to just enjoy making things in the new year. I'm not going to set any goals other than the One Button A Week Challenge put forth by Gina Barrett of Gina-B Silkworks. Looking at the challenges on the list so far, I'm not sure I'll even be able to keep up with that!

The challenge for the week of January 3 is Sparkle. I've been enjoying working with the DMC Diamont. Although it doesn't show up well in pictures, it does have a lot of sparkle!

I may not stick with this, but I thought it would be fun to stitch the buttons I make onto gift tags. On this one, I put the challenge word and the week for the challenge on the front of the tag.

I signed the back of the page and wrote down the actual date that I made the button. I used an awl to punch holes in the tag and then sewed on the button with matching thread.

This tree is probably too small to hold many of the tags with buttons, but it's a good place to start. I'm sure I'll come up with a different idea as I move along.

The Granny afghan has been put on hold. It's not meant for anyone in particular, so I don't mind setting it  aside for daughter Carol's 12 Step Sampler Blanket. I finished one of these blankets for Dave nearly three years ago. it will be fun to see how this one turns out in the colors Carol chose.

My friend Denise asked what my crafting goals are for the new year. I really don't have any goals other than to enjoy the projects I'm working on.

What about you? Do you have any crafting goals?


9 comments:

  1. I like that, just crafting for yourself. That is what I did this past week. And, emptied a couple of shuttles. ;)
    Great Dorset button and nice start on your sampler blanket!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happily creative year ahead for you 🌿🌺🌿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, muskaan! I look forward to your tatting adventures in the new year!

      Delete
  3. Crafting goals? I wish I could, but I flit from one project to another to keep track. The Dorset button tags are cute and perfect to record, organize. I’ve been thinking of tacking various Dorset buttons on a small plain white tote bag. My crochet has to be set aside often due to a carpel tunnel like pain if I work too long. But that’s ok, plenty of other crafts to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Switching crafts does make it easier on the wrists! I like the idea of tacking Dorset buttons onto a tote bag.

      Delete
  4. Happy new year! No, we didn’t greet the new year as it arrived either. No, I don’t set crafting goals for the year. At the moment my goal is to finish my blanket. Love the idea of putting the buttons on tags, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!