Friday, December 15, 2023

Christmas fun

 

One little gnome was made yesterday morning. After that, we had a craft explosion!

My sister and I decided to make bejeweled Christmas trees!

After watching a couple of YouTube videos, we felt prepared to whip up gorgeous Christmas decorations. We've learned several things from this experience. First, one does not "whip up" gorgeous Christmas trees. We worked on ours for over three hours, and neither one of us is finished. Second, pushing pins into styrofoam for an extended period of time produces very sore fingertips. Third, we did not save any money by making our own instead of buying one someone else had made. Fourth, we have way too much of some supplies and way too little of others. Fifth, a good night's sleep brought on more ideas for Christmas trees!

We did stop around 7 p.m. so that we could watch a Christmas movie. While watching, I finished off a few more gnomes.

I made a list of who I would still like to give gnomes to at school. To reach my goal, I need to make ten more gnomes. I know I can do it, but I'll be working on gnomes right up until Christmas break.

Since I'm having so much fun, I don't see that as a problem!

2 comments:

Just like you, I love getting feedback!