Monday, December 11, 2023

Getting ready for Christmas

We still have so much to do, but we have a plan! My sister came down this weekend, and we did some last minute shopping with Mom on Saturday. Janet and I made plans for making some Christmas decorations next weekend, and Dave helped me plan out a re-model of our pantry.

While Dave went shopping for materials for the pantry, I wrapped Christmas presents. I still have a few to go, but the bulk of the work is done.

I also managed to finish some gnomes!

This one went to Stu.

Gus claimed this one.

My first girl gnome went to Stu's wife, Val.

Stu's two boys have very cheerful gnomes.

His little one kept telling Janet and me, "Merry Christmas!" I think he's really into the spirit of the season!

Janet's granddaughter Abby asked for a gnome she could keep out year 'round.


Daughter Carol said her grandson Wesley loved her gnome and is fascinated with red.

I still have several I want to make for staff members at school, and I am very eager to get started with my sock machine.

Today, I need to empty the pantry so that Dave can start working on it when he gets home. Mom and I have doctor and hair appointments this week. On Friday night I need to make to ravioli stuffing so that Carol and Dave can make ravioli on Saturday. It's going to be a busy week!

2 comments:

  1. You sound very organized! Always my ambition, not always achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how very festive your house is at Christmas!!!
    Great gnomes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!