Sunday, December 17, 2023

Pearls

I love pearls! It doesn't matter if they're real or fake, colored or white, lumpy fresh water or smooth salt water pearls. I love pearls!


So, my second bejeweled tree will be loaded with pearls!


This tree has several treasured pieces. The G clef is actually a silver piece that my dad made. Janet gave it to me, and I used pearl head pins with the pin heads gently overlapping the silver. I'll need to do something special around the oval to hide the way the pins stick out. The bow pin at the bottom is one of Janet's.

Janet put three stands of red crystals around the bottom of her tree, and I really like the way it finished off the bottom. With that in mind, I decided that my tree would have pearls around the bottom. It helped to have three sizes of pearl beads on hand, and the blue pearl pins really set off the pearls the way I wanted them to. 

The square pin on the center left is one that I bought when Janet, Mom, and I went shopping years ago. Janet has quite a brooch collection, and she tried to get me addicted to brooches as well. I have a few, but not nearly as many as she does! The round pin with the drop near the bottom right is another of Janet's treasures. 

I'll be taking a break from bejeweling today. My finger tips are sore, and gnomes are calling!

2 comments:

Just like you, I love getting feedback!