Saturday, January 21, 2017

Back to basics

I wasn't really happy with the last couple of Ice Drops I tatted, so I decided to get back to the basics.


The only change I made ti the basic pattern was to put a bead in place of the picot on the outer chain, and I added a bead to the center of the front rings. I let the crackled glass gem be the focus, and I am pleased with the way it turned out!


Next I pulled out one of my favorite blue threads, Lizbeth #149. This time I stacked the 6/0 beads. I do like the look of the stacked beads!


I think I prefer the Ice Drops without the charms, but I know that many people like them. This time I decided to have the charm on the back of the Ice Drop. Unfortunately, it hides the pretty flower pattern. I guess I'll have to do some more playing to decide what look I like the best!

4 comments:

  1. I love them the purple is my favorite one. I wonder if you could place the charm on a point of the snowflake so it doesn't mess up the middle of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that would work fine. I don't add the charm to the tatting, though. I add it to the ribbon.

      Delete
  2. Another lot of ice drops, I love the blue one, I think the charm is hiding the beauty of the ice drop, it could just hang at the bottom if you need to add a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both pretty Ice Drops!! :)
    What about possibly putting the charm on the ribbon somewhere(like tied into part of it), or hanging from the bottom of an Ice Drop~maybe?? Just some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!