Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Day 6 TIAS


It's hard to believe that we're already on Day 6 of Jane's TIAS! I'm still not fond of split rings that have a picot on the second side, but I am getting better with them. I guess the old saying is true, practice makes perfect!


I'm not much for Valentine's Day, but I do enjoy St. Patrick's Day. Yes, I am part Irish, but that's not the draw. I think it's the abundance of green, reminding us that spring is right around the corner.


I found some cut St. Patrick's Day charms at JoAnn Fabrics last week, so I think I'll make use of them and my green threads for a bit.


My sister-in-law asked if I would be willing to make a runner for her mantle. Mary Konior's Masquerade came to mind immediately! I'm practicing the pattern in size 20 Lizbeth #628, Salmon Med, because that was what was closest to me. 😊 However, the Linen Med is closer to what Karen would like.

Needless to say, I'm having fun!

6 comments:

  1. Love your green ice drop, never thought of st Patrick's day, yes that would make a good piece of tatting for the day. With the clover charm.
    Looks like you will have a great time doing a runner, see retirement is not about rest and do nothing it's a whole host of finding time for lots of new things

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're all caught up on Jane's TIAS! She just showed part 6 this morning! Love the Jellybean thread you're using. I don't actually tat the TIAS, but enjoy guessing at the outcome! Can't figure this one out yet, although I have one idea in mind. Jane's talent at dreaming up these patterns is amazing. I also have trouble with picots on the second half of the split rin. Can't remember what pattern I was trying, though.

    The runner is most fascinating, with the optical illusion of round and square motifs when in fact it's made up of 12 square motifs! I would have to make a photocopy of the picture, then use a color highlighter to outline the motifs to make sure I made the joins in the right places. Mary certainly was a wonderful designer. I'll enjoy watching your progress on this one. The motifs look a little intimidating to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, st paddy's drops! I love it!

    The runner will be a , ahem, stunner! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and fun tatting!!! :)
    Love all the different colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look at that runner and I am totally intimidated! Look forward to following you with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a bit behind on TIAS when I realised I'd made a mistake on day 5. Silly me. I've tatted Masquerade, it turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!