Saturday, May 16, 2015

Focus?

That's the only explanation I have for not posting the past two days. I've been focused on finishing Rita's buttons so that I could deliver them today.


This has been a fun project, and it's been fun seeing all the different buttons in Rita's collection.


I love all these little peace signs. I hope I get to see what Rita makes with them!


I finished the last of the buttons this morning before heading over to the boutique. I will be crocheting more button flowers, only this time I will need to figure out what I want to do with them since they'll be mine!


I've been in the mood to knit a shawl, and I found this pretty Lemongrass Lace by Yarn Bee at Hobby Lobby today. The pattern is one I've knit before, "Garter Lace Triangle Shawl" from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman.


Now that I've finished Rita's buttons, I can focus on my tatting again. My Caribbean Spinning Wheel is calling me!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of focus to me!!! You sure have been awful busy!!! Lots of beautiful things to see!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on finishing the buttons, the peace ones were in the UK a sign for the CND moment, back in the 70's no idea if they are still going. They were the ones who protested at Greenham Common all those years ago, where America had there missiles.
    Anyway enough of that your button are lovely
    I look forward to seeing your shawl and mat as you focus on them
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those peace buttons are as retro as my poncho! The shawl looks exciting, I look forward to seeing how it develops. Lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at the start of the shawl, makes me want to make my own. But it will take ages because I found out knitting for long period causes my arms to ache.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!