Saturday, May 2, 2015

I can't help myself...


I just had to start another Spinning Wheel glass mat! This one is in size 10 Lizbeth, #102 Western Sunset. I do love this pattern.

No, I haven't given up on my Jan Stawasz or Renulke doilies. I just haven't made enough progress to post pictures. Does anyone really want to see only one or two rings of progress a day? I think not. So, I will post pictures of my progress when there's something worth noting.

This morning I went to our new local quilt shop, Rocking Chair Quilts, and I purchased some beautiful fabric for Origami pouches, which I learned to make from Quiltsalott. Who doesn't like pretty quilt fabrics?

I also went to Hobby Lobby to get some cording for both my Origami pouches and my woven bags. I was very disappointed to see how reduced the tatting selection has become. Tatting supplies have been moved to a new aisle, so maybe they're just in the middle of restocking. I order most of my tatting supplies online, but it is nice to be able to go to the store and see threads, shuttles, and hankies just waiting for me!

I can't believe how many more button flowers I managed to crochet for Rita this week!


I think the secret of getting so many done is working in groups of five.


A few minutes here,


...a few minutes there,


...and before I know it,


...I've complete 25 button flowers!

As I've been working on these for Rita, I've been trying to come up with ideas for ways to use the button flowers I'm going to make for myself. My buttons are smaller and work up more quickly. I'm not overly concerned about how they can be used. I kind of like just looking at them in my button can!

7 comments:

  1. You still got a lot done - love those buttons! New quilt shop? Always fun! I don't seem to have a good tatting supply store anywhere close by - but Fleet Farm has Lizbeth thread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh this is delightful, makes my heart sing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh this is delightful, makes my heart sing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a crocheting whiz!! Can't believe how fast you can make these! And they are so colorful!

    I was 'alarmed' to read that Hobby Lobby 'might' be changing their tatting display! I'll have to look in our local store. I've always praised their commitment to having so many tatting supplies, with everything in one spot. I've wished they would carry size 40 Lizbeth, but at least they do carry 20 and 80; plus they always seem to have Janette Baker's book and DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have crocheted a button garden of flowers already!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that peace button! All of them are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!