Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Who does that?

Apparently, I do! What is that, you might ask? Well, I packed up some tatting to work on at lunchtime today (that never happened), and I left my tatting supplies at school. Even though I live less than ten minutes from school, I was not inclined to go back and get my goodies, so I took an alternate course of action...


I put together my new cart from IKEA and reorganized my stash for making crocheted button flowers.


I took the supplies for Rita's button flowers out of the cardboard box and put them in this cute little carryall... much more attractive than the cardboard box!


I cleared off the clutter from my little table with my Jan Stawasz Masterpiece and Renulek's Spring doilies close at hand. I'll dust the table tomorrow. ;-)


Since I didn't have my picot gauges handy for my tatting projects, I decided to crochet some button flowers for Rita.

Tomorrow, I will bring my tatting supplies home so that I can tat. If I'm going to be this forgetful, I think I'd better not take tatting to school with me again... or I could just put together a tatting kit to keep at school that doesn't require the tools I need at home!

16 comments:

  1. I always see those carts at IKEA and wondered what people use them for. They have a vintage look and certainly do stand out. I must say I love the giant glass bowl you are using to store your tatting thread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I wasn't inspired to buy the cart until I saw a photo of one filled with yarn, then I knew I had to have it! I checked on Amazon, and it was almost twice as much as ordering directly from IKEA, even with shipping... so I treated myself to two! The other one is listed as black, but it looks more like a charcoal gray to me. The apothecary jar was a birthday gift from my husband several years ago. He likes seeing my balls of thread mixed in with plastic Easter eggs. It adds a nice touch of color to our very brown living room!

      Delete
  2. Well, you did a good job instead! It's a good feeling to have everything neat and tidy, even though it feels as though nothing concrete has been produced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I'm happy that I have one corner of my house neat and tidy now. I wish I had a fairy wand that I could wave to take care of the rest of the house! ;-)

      Delete
  3. If you ever find that fairy wand ..... ah!
    LOVE the jar with eggs & thread ! Now which came first ???

    I would Never be able to keep my threads, etc. in an open tray - too much dust in the tropics here :-(

    Thanks for sharing your organisational skills & ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I would love to find that fairy wand!

      Open trays on a farm are not the best idea, especially once I open up the windows for the summer. Hopefully, I'll use the thread up quickly so that it doesn't have time to gather dust!

      Delete
  4. I like that colorful bowl also...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does brighten up my little corner of the living room!

      Delete
  5. I can see you are well organised, how about a small bag which would fit your handbag to keep your tatting supplies in so you can take them anywhere and everywhere.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I actually have several small bags that I switch out to carry with me. My problem is that I have one favorite set of picot gauges that I use all the time. Leaving them at school is what kept me from tatting. I left my tatting bag on my desk instead of putting it back in my purse... lesson learned!

      Delete
  6. Two complete sets of tatting tools, that's what you need.

    Once upon a time, my threads were all organized. Unfortunately, my stash grew but my bins didn't, so now I have balls of thread strewn across the living room. Luckily, I live alone, so at least it doesn't bother anybody else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Miranda... two sets of tatting tools is the key!

      Delete
  7. Looks to me like you were able to accomplish other needs since the tatting wasn't available! :) That's better than just sitting around!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dave was surprised to see how much I accomplished!

      Delete
  8. Love the apothecary jar with the easter eggs and your tatting thread. Yes, perhaps a travelling tatting kit might be a good idea.......although you did get to do buttons..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!