Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Was it the weather?

I had very spotty Internet access over the weekend. I did manage to leave a few comments on blogs, but when I went to post my connection dropped... very strange!

I need some help here...


I finished one motif for round 10.


I decided that it made sense to complete the round 11 portion so that I could keep better track of how each pattern repeat fit in the round. As you can see, I'm almost finished with the round 11 portion of this motif.

When I was taking the photo, I realized that the motif does not line up with the large medallions a few rows back. I looked at a photo of the completed doily, and I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

So, tatting buddies who have finished this beautiful piece... do I cut off the little bit I have done and try to align these two rounds with the large medallions, or do I keep on going? Does it make a difference?

I'm stopping right here for now. I'd rather snip off this little bit if necessary, but I won't snip if it doesn't make a difference. Thanks in advance for your input!

12 comments:

  1. Are there the same number of medallions in this row as the last row of medallions. If the number is not the same the position shouldn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking lovely sorry I can't help you as I have not tatted this pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggled to comment on your blog too. I do hope you can get some help. The round is big and you don't want to work for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, but I think it looks so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten there yet but did wonder the same thing when I was looking over the pattern. I think you have it right cause it looks in the picture of the actual doily, to be one off center with the medallion below it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't gotten that far yet, however, I have looked at the magazine image and diagram while tatting the previous rounds. I'm the kind of person who is bothered by asymmetry, so I did notice that this round has 10 medallions while the one a few rounds back has 12. I don't think they can line up in a symmetrical way :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment sounds good. You will never get it aligned with the different number of medallions involve.

      Delete
  7. Would it be possible to tat one or two of the round 10 and 11 motifs in the same size thread but NOT the same color - WITHOUT connecting them to the 'real' doily? (use a picot where the 'joins' to the doily should be? I've done that sort of thing before - you can move the completed 'practice' motif(s) around, positioning them as if attached to the doily. Once you figure out how you want it to look, it's a simple matter to start connecting the *real thing* motifs by looking at your 'puzzle piece(s)' to see how they fit. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very good method when it comes to big doilies like Stawasz's doily. Will keep this in mind when I start my own.

      Delete
  8. Oh Dear Heavens...I do hope someone comes to your rescue and that you don't have to snip anything off this amazingly beautiful work of HeArt tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmm...Seems to me I did the same thing and had to cut it off. I can't remember one Renukek from the next , but I do know I had to really look at where that join was in relation to the previous rows as it does make a difference! Make sure you centre that first one correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ....what I meant was one Renukek from one Stawasz! I have done quite a few biggies and they get muddled in my brain! I can't even check my Monster right now, as it lives with my daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!