Saturday, March 17, 2018

Easy decision

I woke up this morning and went right in to my sewing room to unpin my doily (Renulek's Wiosna 2018). I knew right away what I was going to do.


Snip! I have absolutely no regrets. The rings were stretched and ugly. Snipping never felt so good!


Tatting an Ice Drop seemed to be the way to get back in to a good tatting space.


Then, I was ready to start back with the doily. I can tell already that the slightly larger picots are going to work much better!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I did have a bit of cupping too and did take advice from Jane glad I only did a few repeats so I think I will be okay. that sweet little drop does make things better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice Drops are a great little pick-me-up! You’ll feel better about the round if YOU like it. Hopefully I will not regret steaming mine into submission! I’m going to watch the next round carefully and adjust the joining picot. And maybe my tension - I think I have a tendency to tat tighter as I get more comfortable with the repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a brave thing to do, cut it off, I hope it works better this time,
    Beautiful ice drop and shuttle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo. I often find such decisions paralysing, so I say good for you getting it done and starting over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Ice Drop!! :)
    I am glad your re-start is working better for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!