Saturday, December 26, 2020

Big ideas

 

I sometimes get big ideas. My latest big idea is to tat curtains for my bedroom. I'm not sure if it will really happen, but I started today. I'm going to start out with a square of nine motifs. From there I will work on making it a four by four square, then five by five, and so forth. I think I need 20 squares to go across the window, and I haven't figured out how many I need to go down. I don't want to do too much math in one day!

We'll see how far I get. I may just end up with a large square doily!

I also had some fun with button ornaments today. I'm planning on working on these and Ice Drops for next year's Christmas giving and hopefully a craft fair or two!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! However far you get, you could add fabric to complete a curtain, though I love the idea of an entirely tatted curtain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and I talked about using the tatting as a trim or an insertion, but the idea of a full panel of lace really appeals to me!

      Delete
  2. I never finished the curtain I started, but someone who knows more than I do about lace/tatting/large items suggested I sew the finished curtain to .....I think it was tulle....to keep the tatted lace from sagging. Good luck on your curtain. You have a beautiful 'start,' whether it will turn out to be curtain or large square doily.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! I had thought of the same thing. We'll see what happens!

      Delete
  3. Tatted curtains sound beautiful and you’re off to a gorgeous start! I’m excited to see this and you’ll do it, I’m sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!! :) Looks like you are off to a great start and have 2 more wonderful button ornaments!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!