Saturday, December 5, 2020

Christmas came early!

I guess the waiting was just too much for Jon! He gave the boys their blankets last night.

I think they like them!


Christmas came early for me, also! Yes, I own the digital copy of Robin Perfetti's Four Dozen Tatted Snowflakes, but I wanted the print copy. It's available on Amazon, and it came very quickly. I noticed that it was printed in Monee, Illinois. That's about a half hour away from where I live. If only Robin lived that close!

Yes, I do have a button ornament pattern for today. Please let me know if you find any errors. Enjoy!

December 5 Button Ornament


Materials:

5/8" four hole button

size 20 thread

2 shuttles wound continuous thread method


Symbols:

+  join

-  joining picot

-- decorative picot

---longer decorative picot



Round 1:

Ring 4 + 4 - 8, reverse work (join to button)

Chain 5-5, lock join to picot on ring, reverse work


Repeat ring, chain pattern around button with two joins in each hole


On final ring, join to base of first ring instead of making a picot


Round 2:

*With right side of button facing you, ch 6 - 1, lock join to picot, switch shuttles, do

not reverse work

Ring 1: 1 + 5 -- 4 - 2, do not reverse work

Ring 2: 2 + 5 -- 1 --- 1 -- 5 - 2, do not reverse work

Ring 3: 2 + 4 -- 5 - 1, switch shuttles, do not reverse work


Chain 1 + 6, lock join between rings on previous round**


Repeat from * to ** around.


 

12 comments:

  1. Wow!! I think we all need an early Christmas this year, but it's not too far away at this point. ;)
    Can't wait to see all the awesome snowflakes you will tat!!! Guess they might end up your go to project for next year. ;)
    Great Button ornament!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can have Christmas every day as far as I'm concerned! I do need to tat snowflakes, but right now I'm really stuck on these buttons!

      Delete
    2. Wait until Jan. and then tat snowflakes!! :) I just hope we have snow for Christmas!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. It's ok, tomorrow is St Nicholas, and that means presents too! The blankets are perfect for game night, i'm sure the boys love them. I really like this ornament, thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blankets! Thx for the new pattern. I pulled out my buttons this a.m. Robin Perfetti's Four Dozen Tatted Snowflakes looks like a nice publication, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! After I commented on your post about the button snowflake and the Irish Chain quilt (loved your reply about the Log Cabin quilt!), I discovered the other posts you had previously written (I can't keep up!), where you showed the fabulous T-shirt quilts, which I knew you had started but couldn't believe they were done already! No wonder Jon couldn't wait to give them to the boys! And they will get a lot of use and be proudly shown to friends - not just folded away somewhere. You may get orders!!!

    I'm so impressed with Robin's book! Four dozen beautiful flakes!! Very attractive cover. I hadn't realized it was published! How amazing the publisher is near you. Robin is a fabulous designer!

    And another beautiful button pattern!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Jon has already requested a blanket for his daughter Alyssa. We're going to wait until after the holidays. Carol and I have also talked about drama club t-shirt curtains for her classroom, another project for after the holidays.

      I love having a physical copy of Robin's new book!

      Delete
  5. The quilts look really good in use. While an ebook is useful, there’s nothing to beat paging through a real book! Love the pattern, thanks, I’ll have to revisit my button box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blankets look great and you have been on a roll with these button ornaments lately! Hope you like the book 😊

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!