Saturday, December 12, 2020

December 12 button ornament

I had to double check my ornaments when I saw this picture. It's so similar to the one I posted yesterday!

December 12 Button Ornament


Materials:

5/8" four hole button

size 20 thread

2 shuttles wound continuous thread method


Symbols:

+  join

-  joining picot




Round 1:

Ring 4 - 4 + 4 - 4, reverse work (join to button)

Chain 4 - 4, reverse work


*Ring 4 + 4 + 4 - 4, reverse work (join to previous ring and button)

Chain 4 - 4, reverse work**


Repeat from * to ** around button with three joins in first and third holes and two joins in

the second and fourth holes.


Join final chain to base of first ring.


Round 2:

Chain 4, reverse work

Ring 4 + 4, joining to picot on chain of previous round, reverse work

Chain 7 - 1, reverse work

Ring 8 + 8, joining to same picot on chain of previous round, reverse work, switch

shuttles

Ring 1 + 6 - 1, do not reverse work, switch shuttles

Chain 1 + 7, reverse work

Ring 4 + 4, joining to same picot on chain of previous round, reverse work

Chain 4, lock join to base of ring on previous round.


Repeat around. Cut, tie, and hide ends.


 

6 comments:

  1. Cousins, or sisters, but it is different. Just as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful I keep seeing them on Facebook, I am so behind on posting on your blog after christmas when I have got everything finished I am going to start tatting some of these,

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!