Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Variations

I pulled out a Christmas candy tin today, lined it with felt, and gently tucked away my December button ornaments. I didn't count how many there are, but there are many more than I remembered tatting!

I really like this Lizbeth Seafood Green Lt, and I've decided to decorate a white Christmas tree with ornaments tatted in this color for a local fundraiser, Mean Green Goes Pink. The event is held at the end of October every year, and I'm hoping that things are back to normal so that the big event can take place again. I would love for my donation to be a fully decorated tree!

The button ornament is my design from December 13.

While working on the button, I got to thinking that I might like the pattern as an Ice Drop. The one on the right is the first one I tatted. The chains were a little too short, which caused some cupping. I increased the length of the chains on the left one, but I think they're a little too long. I'm not sure I like this design for an Ice Drop, but these two will still go in my ornament tin. When I decorate the tree, I'll see if these two make the cut!

 

5 comments:

  1. Your December button collection looks fabulous all together like that! What a good job you did. Love the idea of the decorated Christmas tree fund raiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fabulous button ornaments and 2 great Ice Drops!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seafoam green light is my favorite color. Looks awesome on the opalite colored bauble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like that green also. Thank you for acting on a great idea for the tree going to the fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!