Tuesday, December 1, 2020

December challenge

I had so much fun creating button ornaments for Jon, I've decided to challenge myself to designing and writing up patterns in the month of December. Do you want to join in the fun? I've decided to start with this base:



Button Ornament Base #1


Materials:

5/8" four hole button

size 20 thread

Shuttle and ball


Symbols:

+  join

-  joining picot




Round 1:

Ring 4 + 4 - 8, reverse work (join to button)


Chain 9, lock join to picot on ring, reverse work


Repeat around button with two joins in each hole


On final ring, join to base of first ring instead of making a picot


Hanger: 100 half stitches (Note: the hanger is optional.)


Lock join to base. Tie, cut, and hide ends.






9 comments:

  1. Lovely ornament and a great way to use buttons! Thank you for getting us started on another tatting adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute. I love tatting around buttons. They don't have to be complicated and still end up looking so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just too tempting!!!
    Got one done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do! I love your new ornaments and I'm excited to do this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!