Wednesday, December 23, 2020

December 23 button ornament


Tatting with buttons has become quite addictive! I decided that it would be fun to have some scattered on the tree skirt to look like the gnomes have snow for Christmas.

I'm almost finished with my self-imposed button challenge! Once I finish on Christmas day, I plan on tatting some with colors, although I really like the way the white thread shows up on the tree. We'll see if I stick to that plan!

December 23 Button Ornament


Materials:

7/8" two hole button

size 20 thread

2 shuttles wound continuous thread method


Symbols:

+ join

- joining picot

-- decorative picot

--- longer decorative picot


Round 1:

Ring 3 + 3 - 6, reverse work

Chain 7, lock join to picot on ring, reverse work


Repeat around with 6 joins in each hole, for a total of 12 ring/chain combinations.


Round 2:

Chain 2 - 2 - 2 - 2, lock join between rings of previous round

Chain 4 - 4, jock join between next set of rings of previous round


Repeat around.


Round 3:

Chain 3, lock join to first picot on previous round, switch shuttles, do not reverse work

Ring 6 - 3, switch shuttles, do not reverse work

Chain 2, lock join to next picot on previous round, switch shuttles, do not reverse work

Ring 3 + 3 - 1 -- 1 --- 1 -- 1 - 3 - 3, joining to previous ring, switch shuttles, do not 

reverse work

Chain 2, lock join to next picot on previous round, switch shuttles, do not reverse work

Ring 3 + 6, joining to previous ring, switch shuttles, do not reverse work

Chain 3, lock join to space between chains of previous round

Chain 4, lock join to picot on previous round, switch shuttles, do not reverse work

Ring 10, switch shuttles, do not reverse work

Chain 4, lock join to space between chains of previous round


Repeat pattern around. Cut, tie, and hide ends.




8 comments:

  1. This one has such an elegant look to it!!! :) Fabulous again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one might be my favorite of all of them! It's very happy and bubbly and looks a bit like Hens and Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy tatting with buttons and would love the time to do more but somehow other things are getting in the way at the moment.
    Enjoying seeing all your work though here and on facebook, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! I have so much that I would like to do, but haven't the time. I feel bad for people who have no hobbies!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!