Thursday, December 10, 2020

December 10 button ornament

Who knew that my button stash would come in so handy? Of course I still have way more than I can use in my lifetime, and I've given away what seems like mountains of buttons. I know that large projects can be very satisfying, but I think I'm meant to complete many little pieces!

Please note, corrections have been made to this pattern.


December 10 Button Ornament


Materials:

5/8" four hole button

size 20 thread

two shuttles wound continuous thread method


Symbols:

+  join

-  joining picot




Round 1:

Ring 4 - 4 + 4 - 4, reverse work (join to button)

Chain 4 - 4, reverse work


*Ring 4 + 4 + 4 - 4, reverse work (join to previous ring and button)

Chain 4 - 4, reverse work**


Repeat from * to ** around button with three joins in first and third holes and two joins in

the second and fourth holes.


Join final chain to base of first ring.


Round 2:

        With right side of button facing you:

Split ring 4/4, do not reverse work

Chain 3 - 1, reverse work

Ring 4 + 4 (join to picot on chain from previous round), reverse work, switch shuttles

Ring 1: 1 + 3 - 3 - 1, close ring, do not reverse work

Ring 2: 1 + 4 - 4 - 1, close ring, do not reverse work

Ring 3: 1 + 3 - 3 -1, close ring, do not reverse work, switch shuttles

Chain 1 + 3, reverse work


*Ring 4 + 4, join to base of ring from previous round

Chain 3 - 1, reverse work

Ring 4 + 4 (join to picot on chain from previous round), reverse work, switch shuttles

Ring 1: 1 + 3 - 3 - 1, close ring, do not reverse work

Ring 2: 1 + 4 - 4 - 1, close ring, do not reverse work

Ring 3: 1 + 3 - 3 -1, close ring, do not reverse work, switch shuttles

Chain 1 + 3, reverse work


Repeat around, joining final chain to top of split ring. Cut, tie, and hide ends.


 

8 comments:

  1. This is Gorgeous!!! It would look wonderful in colours, too! Enjoying your daily journey 🌻🌼🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it would look wonderful in colors. I decided to stick with white so that everyone could focus on the design. While tatting, I dream of colors and beads... oh, the possibilities!

      Delete
  2. Oooooh that might be my favorite now!!! :)
    Awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly seems to be your forte. This one is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jane M. Really spectacular! I'm amazed how many rings can go around the same size button!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!