Wednesday, December 2, 2020

December 2 button ornament

As requested, I set up a new Facebook page today for Tatted Button Ornaments. The response was overwhelming!

Between working from home and responding to Facebook requests, it took me all day to check my pattern and tat an ornament that didn't look messy. I like this one!

December 2 Button Ornament


Materials:

5/8" four hole button

size 20 thread

2 shuttles wound continuous thread method


Symbols:

+  join

-  joining picot



Round 1:

*Ring 4 + 4 - 8, reverse work (join to button)

Chain 3-3-3, lock join to picot on ring, reverse work

Ring 4 + 4 - 8, reverse work (join to button, same hole as first join)

Chain 9, lock join to picot on ring, reverse work**


Repeat from * to ** around button with two joins in each hole


On final ring, join to base of first ring instead of making a picot


Round 2:

Split ring 6/6, do no reverse work

Chain 6, reverse work

Ring 6 + 6 (join to chain in previous round), reverse work

Chain 6, reverse work

Ring 6 + 6 (join to chain in previous round), reverse work

Chain 6, reverse work

Ring 6 + 6 (join to base of ring in previous round), reverse work

Chain 15, reverse work


*Ring 6 + 6 (join to base of ring in previous round), reverse work

Chain 6, reverse work

Ring 6 + 6 (join to chain in previous round), reverse work

Chain 6, reverse work

Ring 6 + 6 (join to chain in previous round), reverse work

Chain 6, reverse work

Ring 6 + 6 (join to base of ring in previous round), reverse work 

Chain 15, reverse work**


Repeat from * to ** two more times.


Lock join to top of split ring. Cut, tie, and hide ends.

7 comments:

  1. This button ornament is beautiful! Thanks so much for the pattern!
    I didn't know you were 'working from home' in addition to everything else! Hope you're feeling OK. And all this effort setting up a new Facebook page! You shouldn't be surprised that it is already popular! I am always amazed at your energy level! Say 'Hi' to your Mom! Her Irish Chain quilt reminded me of my own Irish Chain "Quilt in a Day" that took me 10 years to finish hand quilting! I started it in Jan. 1991 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to share, Kathy! I have never done an Irish Chain quilt, but I did try a Log Cabin Quilt in a Day. I stopped when it was crib sized and gave it away! Haha! I guess I don't have much patience for large projects!

      Delete
  2. I love the design!! :)
    I went to start and had the ball and shuttle tied together and tatted the first 4 stitches and joined to the button when I realized that it needs 2 shuttles!!! That's what I get for not reading first!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two shuttles for one little split ring... what was that designer thinking? ;-)

      Delete
    2. Been there, done that. I don't like using 2 shuttles and I realized that my first snowflake patterns need 2 shuttles.

      Delete
  3. Hard to keep up with you, I’m still on yesterday’s one. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Look at all the different things you accomplish, Jane! You keep me inspired to keep going!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!