Monday, October 9, 2023

Day off

We had the day off of school today, so Mom and I did some more yarn shopping. We are now set for years to come!

While Mom was napping, I sorted our stash so that we could more easily find what we want for projects. One of the new yarns I tried is Lion Brand Re-Spun, Aegean. This is listed as a worsted weight yarn, but it's finer than the yarns I've been using. It works beautifully in the machine! There's a whopping 658 yds on the skein. I stopped after one headband so that Mom can try making a hat with it if she wants to. I'm sure there's plenty for both of us.


Another yarn new to me is Loops & Threads, Blue Surf. This is also listed as a worsted weight. It is super soft, and with 364 yards I had no trouble making three headbands. I wasn't thrilled with the color choices, but it sure works up nicely.

I also tried and rejected three colors of I Love This Yarn. The yarns are beautiful, but I had trouble with them within the first couple of rows. Mom and I have started a bag of yarns that don't work well in the machines, but will be wonderful for hand knitting and crocheting. 

Dave said we're in for a stretch of rainy weather. I guess it's a good thing that Mom and I are prepared for indoor activities!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you both busy. It’s interesting that some yarns work better in the machine than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cranking must go pretty quickly seeing how many you keep getting done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!