Friday, October 13, 2023

Whole lot of crankin' goin' on!

I maddest my goal to see how many twisted headbands I could crank out today, and I really surprised myself.

 

I can make three twisted headbands out of one skein of a solid color I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. This color is Spa, one I've used before.

With multi-colored or heathered yarns I can only get two headbands. This color is Sage Advice, another yarn that I have used before.

I did try a new yarn today, Premier Colorfusion DK, Blue Jeans. I really thought that a DK yarn would go through my Sentro 40 smoothly, but the machine was very clunky. Still, I've worked with yarns that were harder to crank, and I would use this one again. I do like that each of these headbands looks so different. 

I don't expect to get much done tomorrow. Dave and I are planning to start cleaning the house for the holidays. They'll be here before we know it!

8 comments:

  1. Love your headline! You’ve done so well you can afford to take time off for cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost finished with headbands for the high school girls. This week I'll start on an order for my youngest daughter.

      Delete
  2. You are getting a good workout cranking so much. The headbands are all pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! So many! They all look great!! :)
    I love when you two start holiday decorating, it's awesome!!! :) Yes, I know you only said cleaning, but still.... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Dave has started putting lights outside!

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm....I think I need him to teach Richard how important holiday decorating is and that he should join in. ;)

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!