Sunday, October 8, 2023

Over the weekend...

I managed to crank out several twisted headbands over the weekend with mixed results.

 

I love Red Tweed (I Love This Yarn). My machine does not. It was very hard to crank, so there will be no more of this color on the machine.

Sand Dunes (I Love This Yarn) went smoothly on the first one. Then there was a knot in the yarn just two rows in. After that, it was very difficult to crank. Look at the size difference! Both are from the same skein of yarn, same machine, same number of rows.

Shocking Violet (I Love This Yarn) was also a beast to crank. I love the color combination, but I won't put myself through that torture again.

Royal Gorge (I Love This Yarn) was smooth as silk to crank.

Just when I think I can tell if a yarn will work by the feel of it, I'm fooled. I guess all I can do is keep experimenting!




3 comments:

  1. That is interesting that you had such different results with yarns from the same manufacturer. Maybe the culprit was the knot. I hope you find out which yarns to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the machine was cranky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a selection of colors you have!!! They all look terrific!! :)
    Is the red one for your mom?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!