Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Meeting goals

I spent the weekend meeting goals, mainly to finish making twisted headbands for all of the high school girls.

I used up all of my Forest and Spa yarn.

I also used up some leftover Sungold. The flat headband is a prototype for the boys at school. Yes, the boys are asking for ear warmers!


Mom has been busy knitting cabled headbands. They're quite popular!


Pink Night, the volleyball girls' annual fund raiser for the Beverly K. Roberts Foundation, is this Friday. This is spirit week at school, and today was Dynamic Duo day. Daughter Carol texted me this morning and asked if I wanted to be the other half of her duo. Of course I said yes! To make our outfits match a little more closely, I cranked out two drop stitch cowls this morning. They are so much fun to make!

These can be doubled for a closer fit. I have a little of the yarn left, so I think I'll crank out what's left and see what size cowl I get from it.


With my mass production of twisted headbands, my Sentro 40 became very cranky yesterday. I'm pretty sure I broke the casing that holds the crank. Some boys at school are going to take it apart and see if they can fix it. If they're successful, the machine will go in the art room. If not, the boys will use the parts of the machine to make a collage.

I do have another machine on order so that I can make twisted headbands for daughter Joanne. In the meantime, I'm using a 22 pin Addi to crank out flat headbands for the high school boys. They take about half as long to make as the twisted headbands. My goal is to have them made by Halloween. My goal is set. Let's see if I can achieve it!


4 comments:

  1. Phew, the machine couldn’t keep up with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The machine broke down, but you're still going strong! That's the spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!