Saturday, February 4, 2017

Safari

How did I forget to try Safari? I got so used to using the Blogger app, that when it stopped working I just started searching for solutions. I didn't think about going through Safari until this morning.

The first thing I've noticed is that I can't access the photos on my iPad. There are choices, but not one I've used before, and I'm not in the mood to look for them right now.

So, here's what I've learned from my quick research...

Puffin is a free browser that allows me to create a blog post the same way I do on my laptop, so there's no learning curve.

Blogo is a free app. It took a little bit of playing around to create a blog post, but it wasn't hard to figure out. Did you notice that the Blogo picture shows up larger than the others? I'm not sure if that's an advantage or a disadvantage; it's just what happens.

BlogPress is a paid app. I think it was $2.99 on sale. It was a little easier to use than Blogo, and I received an email from the company offering support.

I can't believe Safari is a dud for posting. I guess I must have tried it before and then used the Blogger app, but I really don't remember.

I was surprised to read on a Blogger support thread that there are many teachers who are upset that the Blogger app is no longer supported. I didn't realize Blogger was used in so many schools. Since the Blogger developers do not seem interested in updating the app, I guess it's time to move on!

I think I'll keep experimenting with all three for a while, but right now I'm leaning towa d using Puffin. I'll try to remember t keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. I have been away from the blogs for a few days and am only now learning about your blogging 'saga'. Very interesting info! All of this computer 'stuff' intrigues but frustrates and confuses me. One the one hand I find it all to be a miracle and on the other, I don't know why things work perfectly one day and then don't work the next, and why decisions are made to 'drop support' w/o explanations.

    I do appreciate forums where, thanks to others who take the time to write about their experiences, I have often found solutions and simple 'fixes', although it can take hours to search. So I appreciate the time you've taken to show us your own research!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!