Saturday, April 13, 2019

Busy day


Today was one of those days that just seemed to get away from me. I started off the day by tatting an Ice Drop, and then I got to work going through some boxes of craft stuff.

I managed to take care of three of them. Most of what was in those boxes ended up in the trash. There were bits of this and that left over from various craft projects, nothing worth keeping. For some reason, I had kept an awful lot of packaging. I wonder what I thought I would use it for?


In the afternoon I treated myself to a nap, and I worked on my knit-along sweater. I'm really glad I sized down two needle sizes. The fabric has a nice drape, and the yarn is really nice to knit with. It's been fun to see the progress others in the group have been making. Some are way ahead of me, and some are still working on the ribbing. I kind of like being in the middle!

7 comments:

  1. Your knitting looks very neat, good choice of needle size. Middle is a good place to be. I know that ‘What was I thinking?’ feeling as I tidy up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! I think my knitting has suffered in the past because I've done it so sporadically. Practice makes perfect!

      Delete
  2. I understand the paper in the box thing I worry that there is one thing hiding in the paper though😉 I love those pretty painted shuttles and drop is fabulous I like the frosty stone used in side💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been know to go out to the trash to find one item that was left in a box. I've probably thrown a few things away over the years without realizing it. The gem is a glow-in-the-dark plastic cabochon from Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure if it really glows in the dark!

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the Ice Drop and knitting. Where did you find the g-i-t -d cabochon at HL? Was it with the mosaic tiles or the flora stuff?
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Ice Drop!! :) And your sweater is coming along very nicely!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!