Friday, April 5, 2019

Knit, tat, knit


Yes, I'm dividing my time. I finally finished week 2 of the Tournament of Stitches mystery shawl. I'm really enjoying it, but I sure am slow! Many of the participants have already finished. I'm just getting started with week 3 with week 4 still to come.


Knitting is not keeping me from tatting. I carry my little bag with me every day and tat every chance I get.


However, I have been distracted by another knitting project. Marly Bird is doing a sweater knit-along and I couldn't resist. I've never knit a sweater for myself, and I figure now is as good a time as any. It took two tries to get a correct gauge swatch. I'm using Red Heart Hygge Charm in Eclipse. Can you see the little bit of sparkle in it? 

5 comments:

  1. Looking good! I’m guessing that the people ahead of you on the shawl are not working on so many projects at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's a big part of it, but I also started a week late and my knitting time was limited with family visiting. I also spent a lot of time subbing, and I only take simple projects with me when I sub. I'm enjoying the project, so I don't mind that I"m behind!

      Delete
  2. Lento ma bellissimo. Complimenti!
    Un caro saluto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always been a slow knitter, so I expect to be behind!

      Delete
  3. Lots of work there!! I am fascinated by the emerging design in your shawl!! :)
    Great Ice Drop!! :)
    Can't wait to see your finished sweater!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!