Monday, April 8, 2019

Test tatting for Shelley


I am always flattered when someone asks me to test tat a pattern, and this weekend I was thrilled to test tat my friend Shelley Perreault's Flutterby Ice Drop. The pattern was very easy to follow, and I hope Shelley makes it available soon. The only problem I had was that I did not make my very long picots at least 3" as Shelley instructed. Lesson learned... follow the designer's directions!


Weather changes did a number on me this weekend. I didn't feel like doing much of anything, but I did manage to finish one basic Ice Drop other than test tatting for Shelley.


I was feeling more myself today, but I still tatted only one Ice Drop. I've been concentrating on finishing my Make-along Mystery Shawl from Marly Bird. I'm almost two weeks behind, and I am determined to finish it!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! It's funny how something so little can really brighten my day!

      Delete
  2. I saw the butterfly ice drop on Facebook, it’s fabulous, glad to see it’s got as far as being test tatted. Hope you get your oomph back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelley's butterflies are fun to tat, and I got in a little practice with split rings! I just need the weather to settle down. Maybe we should move to a more temperate climate!

      Delete
  3. Oh what a pretty new pattern!!!!! It's gorgeous :) And you used the most beautiful cabochon :) Let's test my luck: you bought this one on amazon or etsy or a shop I can order from with reasonable overseas shipping costs.... yeh, not holding my breath!
    Hope you'll feel up and about soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The glass cabochon is just one of the glass gems for vases that I crackled in the oven. Preheat your oven to 500* F. Put the glass gems on a cookie sheet and heat them for 20 minutes. Prepare a metal pot or bowl with ice water and pour the heated glass gems into the pot... crackle!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Diane :) I definitely need to try that!

      Delete
  4. Ah, I’m in the ‘tat doldrums’ at the moment too!!! It’ll soon pass like yours will too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flutterby pattern. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!