Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Testing, testing

It's testing week at school. Yesterday I proctored sophomores taking the PSAT, and today I proctored juniors taking the SAT. Tatting was not an option. The sounds that I find soothing would have been a distraction to the kids taking the test. So, I tatted when I got home!


I mailed off 18 Easter themed Ice Drops to Mom yesterday, depleting my supply. Not to worry... I have plenty of thread and glass gems!


I decided to start with the basic Ice Drop. I liked the shuttle so much, I decided to show both sides of it! This beautiful piece of art work is from Veronica of Tatting Shuttles.


In the meantime, daughter Joanne requested some Easter Ice Drops. I'm so happy to have a reason to tat Ice Drops. This wonderful shuttle is from Grizzly Mountain Arts.


One of the nicest things about the basic Ice Drop pattern is that I can complete one in about an hour. It doesn't matter if I use 1, 3, or 5 picots. I do love the basic pattern!

I would love to figure out a tatted design to mimic this delightful shuttle from Banyek. I love collecting shuttles from around the world!

4 comments:

  1. That’s a good number to send to your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your mom and her friends will love them!!! :) And your daughter will too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few months ago I bought some shuttles from that cheap website, Wish. When they came in, I was disappointed because the ends don't meet, so you can't really dangle the shuttle to unwind the thread when it gets twisted. But they are perfect for a situation like yours where you want to tat, but the clicking of the shuttle would be too loud. So I hung onto them for just that reason. I also bought an antique silver shuttle from Ebay that also has the same issue, so I use it in quiet places too.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!