Wednesday, July 24, 2019

All sewn up


As I thought it might, it took me most of the day to sew my pile of pin cushions closed. Now they're ready for buttons!


I also found time to tat yesterday. This is Flower Patch from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. Have I told you how much I love this book? The last time I tatted Flower Patch, I used the shuttle and ball. This time I used two shuttles so that I could switch shuttles for the rings at the corners. I much prefer switching shuttles to using the shoelace trick. The shuttles are from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design.

The rest of the day was busy with phone calls, walking, watching tv, reading, and getting ready for my trip to Minnesota. The Twin Cities Tatters retreat is next week, and I'm really looking forward to it. I will also get to visit my two daughters who live in Minnesota. I love getting together with my family!

10 comments:

  1. Love that button needing pile it great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my favorite tatting book as well - she was a genius!

    Sorry you are not coming to Palmetto Tat Days this year because I'm coveting a pin cushion. Those are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to my mom, and we decided one can never have too many pin cushions!

      Delete
  3. Good progress on the pincushions. Yes, I like using shuttle and ball, but there are times when two shuttles work better. Nice to have a trip to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest part comes last... sewing on the buttons. That seems to take forever!

      Delete
  4. Love that pile of pin cushions!!! :)
    Great motif!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing finished projects, so I know I'll keep going on these!

      Delete
  5. Lovely fabric! That little motif is beautiful, I would sew one on each pin cushion! You're really a shuttles' hoarder (oh dear! I would if I could!), they are wonderful and each one is unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to hoard fabric as well as shuttles! If I'm honest, I also hoard thread, yarn, needles, pins, books... I could go on and on! I never get bored!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!