Friday, July 12, 2019

Functional

I had hoped to get down to Anderson, Indiana for Tatting Corner's Lace Days, but it didn't work out. Yesterday was spent helping daughter Carol out at her house doing storm cleanup, and today Dave needed to get supplies ordered for getting back to work next week. This is the longest vacation Dave has ever taken (July 4 through this Sunday), and it was important to do things that he wanted to do. I have a lot more free time than he does!


I decided to push myself with my porch walking since it was nice and cool this morning. I walk in 15 minute spurts, which is about all I can handle. In between porch walks, I managed to finish the week's laundry, clean the kitchen, and tat!

I wasn't sure if a light blue glass gem would look good with Boysenberry Dk, but I decided to give it a try, and I like the way it looks!


After finishing my porch walks, I decided it was time to tackle my sewing room. Daughter Joanne and granddaughter Eve did so much to help get me on track a few weeks ago. It was time to move the project along. My sewing room is now functional! No, it is not completely clean or organized, but I can now walk through the room, sit in my chair, and I have room to sew!

I love having Origami Pouches on hand as project bags. I've even been known to give them as gifts. I found these five partially done, and I spent the afternoon finishing them. It pays to get organized!

5 comments:

  1. Great Ice Drop and Origami Pouches!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pouches are really pretty! Yes, an organised working space gives you more energy to work and enjoy it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the pouch bags! It's difficult for me to finish things that have sat 'too long', as I lose interest. I still have unfinisihed cross stitch projects from the 1980s! I have totally lost interest in cross stitch!

    Hope Carol didn't have too much damage. So many people in Western PA have been affected by all the storms and rain that we've had for several months. Lots of landslides and creeks overflowing that never have done so before.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!