Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Trying something new

Oops! I forgot to publish this last night!

Yesterday was a totally nonproductive day for me. Today I went gangbusters! I talked on the phone with my mom and my daughters, shopped for groceries, went to the bank and the post office, drove to Kankakee to shop some more, went to lunch with daughter Carol, and then drove home to try something new.


A couple of weeks ago, I watched a YouTube video on Teneriffe lace using a disk of straight pins as a loom. I knew I had some of those in my sewing room, and I found them while I was organizing over the weekend. I got to work with some size 20 Lizbeth that was right by my chair.


Mine didn't turn out full and fluffy like the one in the video, probably because she used a fine yarn and I used thread.


I think I need to go through my stash and find some nice yarn to use. The technique is really pretty simple, but a little bit of fluff would make them so much prettier!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like great first tries!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks interesting. Rings a bell, I’m sure I saw something similar years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting new technique! Yes, tatting thread can be very tightly spun and won't ruffle enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely worth tying again with other yarn. I remember pinning/saving that video, but didn’t get around to trying the lace. Will be watching your's with interest :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very easy to follow! Last night I re-read my Teneriffe lace book. I'm understanding it much better now.

      Delete
  5. Cool. I love the pinwheel as the base. DMC perle cotton would be nice or Rubi would be fluffy.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!