Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Ice Drop day


Today was filled with Ice Drops! First, I finished an Ice Drop with a shank button.


I purposely used a shank button so that I could use it as a small brooch.


I had these button pins in my stash, and when I saw them I decided they would be perfect for an Ice Drop brooch!


When Joanne first arrived a few weeks ago, she decided I needed some fancier centers for Ice Drops. She will be the beneficiary, of course!


She's very pleased with the first one. I have quite a few to go!


My sister Janet came down to visit one more time before Joanne heads home. She really liked my red, white, and blue Ice Drops, and she asked me to make one for her granddaughter Abby.


Gavin wasn't able to come along, because he was on a Boy Scout camping trip with his dad. We didn't want to leave hime out of the fun!


Grandson Janko fell in love with this white glass gem with a splash of yellow. He chose white thread and a white ribbon. We're not really sure why!

Kara has requested a red Ice Drop, and I'm pretty sure Sophia will be asking for another. It's a good thing I enjoy tatting Ice Drops!

12 comments:

  1. A lovely array of ice drops! I do like the idea of using a shank button. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit. I'm sure I saw a post where someone else had done this!

      Delete
  2. I have never seen shank buttons before but the idea is great! The buttons make cute ice drops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never cared for shank buttons until now. The designs are pretty, but I always felt like they cut through the thread quickly, and then they needed to be sewn back on... not my favorite task!

      Delete
  3. Several ice drops with the fancy centres could make an interesting necklace for you. You're amazing the way you manage to create something lovely from every new item you're given.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it hadn't been for Edda Guastalla's tutorial, I never would have figured out how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could put ice drops on stick pins....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought stick pins for Ice Drops last year. I put them someplace really, really safe. I guess I'll have to look for them!

      Delete
  6. Nifty ice drop pin! I am still astonished that it is JULY - Summer days tend to fly by quickly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to veiw all the different drops and it reminds me of some centers I bought that o have got to get around to 💐

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!