Thursday, July 25, 2019

Buttons


Adding buttons to the pin cushions is the most time consuming part. I keep hoping I'll find an easier way of sewing them on, but everything I read or watch on YouTube is similar to what I do. So, I'll just take it slowly and do as many as I can.


This is Anniversary Motif from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. I'm really enjoying tatting these little motifs. The shuttle is another beauty from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design.


Rita has been releasing a few shuttles at a time over the past couple of weeks, and I was lucky enough to be able purchase Wild Sweet Pea. It's all wound and ready for the next motif in Tatting with Visual Patterns, Faith.

I'm busy packing for my trip to Minnesota. It's so hard to decide what to take. I keep changing my mind!

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha! I'm trying to travel lighter this time. It's not working too well!

      Delete
  2. Great pin cushions and motif!!! :)
    Great shuttles, and I love the Wild Sweet Pea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you use your sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for putting the buttons on. The pin cushions are way too thick. Nice thought, though!

      Delete
  4. You have to sew the button down tight to get the puffy look? Good idea to work through the motifs in the book. Pretty shuttle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the buttons do give the puffy look. Plus, I need to use buttons so that I can whittle down my stash!

      Delete
  5. Ah, finishing off is always the worst part of a project!! They look lovely ‘buttoned’, though.
    Love MK’s books. I bought them as soon as they were published - feast after famine in tatting resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky enough to have all of MK's books. It took a bit of searching, but I'm happy to have them. If I'm ever forced to move to a smaller place, my MK books will go with me!

      Delete
  6. I was lucky enough to recently get my hands on a used copy of that MK book. I just love her patterns. Currently I have three projects going from the book - the Posy medallion, the Onion Ring edging and another edging I can't remember the name of right now.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!