Thursday, July 11, 2019

Shuttle love



It's no secret that I love my shuttles, and this is one of my favorites!


It's my birthday shuttle from two years ago, made by Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. I love personalized shuttles!


I purchased this shuttle from Rita at Palmetto Tat Days two years ago. It was a thrill to meet Rita in person!


While doing my porch walking today, I got to thinking that my little ice cream table has to potential of becoming a pattern for a tatted doily. Do you see what I see?


I spent a lot of time looking at cross stitch patterns online while Dave worked hard helping daughter Carol. I'm really much better as an overseer! ;-)

This is one of my favorite cross stitch pieces, and it's one of the last ones I did before taking up tatting. I know I've stitched a few small pieces over the years, but nothing as beautiful as this. Now that I have a little more free time, I'm thinking of getting back into stitching again. Why not?

4 comments:

  1. Great Ice Drops!! :)
    That would be a fabulous doily!!! :)
    Great cross stitch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I have a couple of other samplers that I really love. Daughter Joanne loves them also, and they are now hanging in her home!

      Delete
  2. The sampler is magnificent. The embroidery competition next year is a sampler, but using surface embroidery. I considered giving it a go, but I don’t think I’m up to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! I had a great feeling of accomplishment when I finished it. I'll have to read up on surface embroidery. I think I know what it is, but I haven't really investigated it before.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!